Taking the stairs can be painful, literally. We’re also pros at coming up with excuses to avoid this pain. We listed our top favorites.
- I live on the 11th floor! How am I supposed to climb that?!
- I didn’t eat much today, so my body doesn’t need to burn anything. I’ll take the elevator.
- It’s too late at night to take the stairs.
- I just drank so much water, I shouldn’t be climbing the stairs.
- I walked 2km today, why should I take the stairs?
But they say no pain, no gain. Unfortunately this is true, and climbing stairs can do us a lot of good. Did you know? Climbing stairs is twice as more effective as walking? What we’re saying is, ditch those excuses and take the stairs!