It’s a busy world and many a times, in the rut of the city life, our health tends to takes a toll. It’s tricky to manage work and all other commitments, and yet manage a healthy living. But there is always a solution to every problem. Some simple steps when made a part of your day to day living can make a huge difference health-wise. Here’s what you can do:
- Think positive – It is proven that a positive attitude towards life leads to a healthy immune system and enhances overall health.
- Get a good night sleep – If you have trouble sleeping at night, try some yoga and meditation. Bedtime snacks like whole grain cereal with milk, oatmeal, cherries or chamomile tea can also help you feel sleepy. Writing down worrying thoughts will help you get them out of your mind and boost a healthier sleep.
- Eat healthy fats – Poly-unsaturated, mono-unsaturated and omega-3 fats are healther choices for a better lifestyle. They reduce your LDL cholesterol and raise your HDL cholesterol decreasing the risk of heart related ailments.
- Start your morning with water with lemon – Before your first morning cup of tea, have a glass of warm water with lemon juice. This will help in detoxifying your body.
- Say ‘no’ to your car – For smaller distances you can ditch your car and walk instead. Cycling to a close by destination is also a good way to stay healthy.
- Eat more vegetables – Vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, grapes and leafy greens are great phytonutrients. Having vegetables on regular basis reduces the risk of contracting many grave illnesses.
- Clean your feet- Make sure to scrub between your toes to avoid athlete’s foot and unpleasant odours.
These simple ways will go a long way in maintain your health and keeping you fit and energetic. So just get started.