There’s no doubt about the fact that maintaining a nutritious diet can keep your body healthy. But when it comes to which foods benefit which body parts, science remains surprisingly sketchy. Here, nature gives us a hint as to what foods specifically help what part of our body.
Here are certain foods that not only look like your body parts but also are beneficial to these parts. For example – brain boosting walnuts look just like the human brain! Coincidence? Maybe. Though these healthy foods are beneficial to the whole body, the list below is a fun reminder of what to eat to target specific areas. Remember, these foods are best and more powerful when they are eaten raw.
Here’s a list of the foods that not only look like your human body but also are extremely beneficial for them –
1. A walnut looks just like a little brain. Even the wrinkles or folds on the nut are similar to those of the neo-cortex. Walnuts help in the development of over three dozen neuron-transmitters within the brain enhancing the signaling and encouraging new messaging link between the brain cells.
2. Onions look like the body cells. Research shows that onions clear waste materials from all of the body cells. They even produce tears which wash the epithelial layers of the eyes.
3. Ginger looks like the stomach and it also aids in digestion. Indians and Chinese have been using it for over 5000 years to calm an upset stomach, cure nausea and motion sickness. It also slows down the growth rate of bowel tumors.
4. A sliced Carrot looks like the human eye. According to experts, eating carrots greatly enhances blood flow to the eyes. Carrots get their orange colour from a plant chemical called beta-carotene, which reduces the risk of developing cataracts.
5. Grapes resemble the alveoli of the lungs. The lungs are made of branches of ever-smaller airways that finish up with tiny branches of tissue called alveoli. These structures allow oxygen to pass from the lungs to the blood stream. A diet high in fresh grapes has shown to reduce the risk of lung cancer and emphysema.
6. A tomato has four chambers and is red in color, which uncannily resembles the heart. Research has confirmed that tomatoes are loaded with lycopine, which is extremely beneficial for the heart in terms of blood flow and its supply.
7. Kidney beans actually heal and help maintain kidney function and are shaped exactly like human kidneys (hence, their name). Kidney beans provide a variety of minerals and vitamins, which is why they are generally beneficial for your health.
8. Sweet potatoes resemble the pancreas and can actually balance the glycemic index of diabetics. The oblong sweet potato bears a strong resemblance to the pancreas, and also promotes healthy function in the organ.
9. Mushrooms when sliced in half resembles the shape of the human ear. Mushrooms improve hearing ability, since they contain Vitamin D, which is also healthy for bones.
10. Avocados and Pears are good for health and functioning of the womb and cervix in females and look just like these organs. Research shows that when a woman eats one avocado a week, it balances the birth hormones, sheds unwanted birth weight and can even prevent cervical cancer. It even takes exactly nine months to grow an avocado from blossom to ripened fruit, just like a human baby!
11. Celery, Rhubarb, Bok-choy and more look just like bones structure. These foods specifically target bone strength. Bones are made up of 23% sodium and these foods have sodium in them which replenishes the skeletal needs of the body.
12. Last but not the least, the root of Ginseng. Ginseng is a holistic cure for nearly all body ailments. No wonder it looks like a human body, huh?
Also, an additional mention –
Red wine, which is rich in antioxidants and polyphenols, including powerful resveratrol, looks like blood. There’s a blood-thinning compound in red wine, so it reduces blood clots, which are associated with stroke and heart disease.
It has to be said that it is quite fascinating how these foods look like body organs they are actually good for. The food you eat can either be the safest and the most powerful medicine or the slowest form of poison. Make wise choices when it comes to health and lifestyle.