1. “Feel the stretch at work”
- These simple leg lifts are ideal for giving your legs strength,
- Starting with both feet flat on the floor, do leg lifts, starting first with the right leg and then the left.
- Lift each leg until it touches the underside of your desk.
- Do ten sets of eight reps to strengthen your thigh muscles and your core.
2. “Crunches for the workplace”
- Here is a modified way of doing crunches,
- Move to the edge of your seat and lean back on the backrest.
- Then lift your legs a few inches above the ground and raise your back a few inches off the backrest.
- Hold for ten seconds.
- Eight reps of ten seconds each, can strengthen your core considerably when done regularly.
3. “Ankle Rotations”
- Here is another simple exercise you can do while you are at work,
- Rotate your ankles in both directions for five seconds.
- Do five sets of eight reps in each direction.
- This will improve your flexibility and make you less prone to sprains.
4. “Feel the stretch at the work”
- There are plenty of arm exercises which can be performed at work,
- Stretch the muscles in your right arm by reaching as far to the left as you can with your right arm while supporting it in the crook of your left elbow and then hold it there.
- Feel the stretch for five seconds.
- Do eight reps before switching over to your left arm.
5. “Care for your calves at work”
- The calves are one of the most over-worked muscles in the body,
- Give your calf muscles a work out by raising your legs up on the tips of your toes while remaining seated. Your calf muscles should start to burn after a few seconds.
- Hold for ten seconds and then repeat eight times.